Shuichi YUKITA was born in Chiba, Japan on January
12, 1954. He received the B.S. degree in physics, M.S. degree
in mathematics from Tokyo University, Tokyo, Japan in 1976
and 1978, respectively. He received the Ph.D. degree in
information science from Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
in 2000. From 1983 to 1987, he was with Toyo University,
Saitama, Japan. From 1987 to 1993, he was with Wakkanai-Hokusei
junior college, Hokkaido, Japan. From 1993 to March/2000,
he was with the University of Aizu, Fukushima, Japan. In
April 2000, he joined the Faculty of Computer and Information
Sciences at Hosei University, Japan, as an Associate Professor,
and then a Professor since April 2001.
His current research areas include cellular automata theory,
algorithmic mathematics, and mathematical visualization.
He is a member of the IEEE Computer Society, IEICE, IPSJ,
Mathematical Society of Japan, and JSIAM.
Find your own winning way in
the game of theoretical thinking that involves lots of mathematics
and scientific discovery. While playing this game, we apply
the dialogue engineering (or dialectical) technique. Dialogue
may be sometimes monologue, where dialogue occurs between
one and oneself, and , of course, dialogue may be actual
dialogue in seminar talks and other presentations. My main
research theme can be termed as dialogue engineering.
Publications (January 1996 - December 2000)
- S. Yukita, "Progress in Cellular Automata Theory,"
Proceedings of 2000 International Conference on Information
Society in the 21st century (IS2000), pp.419-424,
- S. Yukita, "Linear celluar automata on groups,"
Japan J. Indust. Appl. Math. Vol.19, (to appear)
- S. Miura and S. Yukita, "A Gentle User Interface
to Mathematica Distributed Computing," The Journal
of Three Dimensional Images, Vol.14, No.1, pp.139-144,
- S. Yukita, "Cellular automata on groups with asymptotic
boundary conditions," Trans. Inform. Processing
Soc. Japan, Vol.40, No.12, pp.4151-4158, December
- S. Yukita, "Dynamics of cellular automata on groups,"
IEICE Trans. Inf. & Syst., Vol. E82-D, No.10,
pp.1316-1323, October 1999.
- K. Watanabe and S. Yukita, "A Knot Diagram Editor
and Reidemeister Moves," The Journal of Three
Dimensional Images, Vol.13, No.3, pp.123-128, September
- S. Yukita, Y. Ohtake, and K. Watanabe, "Visual
Legacy Basic - A platform independent intuitive programming
environment for learners," The Journal of Three
Dimensional Images, Vol.13, No.3, pp.25-30, September
- S. Yukita, "The Moore-Myhill pseudo tiling for
the Heisenberg Tessellation Automata," Japan Journal
of Industrial and Applied Mathematics,Vol.16 No.1,
pp.47-63, January 1999.
- Y. Ohtake, S. Yukita, and T.L. Kunii, "A Dual Visualizer
Method for Interactive Topology," Multimedia Modeling,
1998 IEEE Computer Society Press, pp.163-172, October
- S. Yukita, A. Watanabe, and T. Tsukii, "An Interactive
Visualizer for Parallel Transports in Riemannian Geometry,"
The Journal of 3D Images, Vol.12, No. 3, pp. 35-40, October
- Y. Ohtake and S. Yukita, "Process Graph,"
The Journal of 3D Images, Vol.12, No. 3, pp. 23-28, October
- A. Watanabe and S. Yukita, "The Design of Mathematical
Beans," Vol.12, No. 3, pp. 41-46, October 1998.
- S. Yukita, A. Watanabe, and T.L. Kunii, "Mathematical
Beans:A software component set for WEB-based Mathematical
Visualization," Multimedia Modeling 1997.,
World Scientific Singapore, pp.127-141, November 1997.
- S. Yukita, "A Functional presentation of Fourier
series convergence," The Visual Computer,
Vol.12, pp.350-359, August 1996.